This statement is provided to explain:
1. how we collect personal information
2. how we maintain, use and disclose that information
3. some detail about individuals' privacy rights together with our general rights and obligations
4. our policy in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
2. How does SSA collect information?
Generally, we only collect personal information from the individual. Occasionally it is not reasonable or practical for one or the other of the parties to accomplish this. In these instances we have to assume that the person giving the information is properly authorised.
3. How does SSA collect information from its website?
We collect and hold personal information when we receive:
• an online application or application completed by our Coach's or any other type of form;
• a message containing an email address;
• information stemming from access and use of our website.
Some information collected may be used for statistical research to improve the services that we provide to our customers. In such cases we de-identify all the information to ensure anonymity. Should any personal information be needed we would seek prior consent before proceeding any further.
We may also use personal information to communicate company matters, products, services and special promotions that might be relevant. People wishing not to receive such information should make clear their request to 'opt out' of receiving this type of information.
4. Consent to be provided
SSA will seek the consent of its customers when collecting personal information for a purpose other than for its primary purpose.
When using our services you consent to us collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing personal information, whether provided by you or by another person.
5. What information does SSA maintain?
Generally, we keep a record of the following:
• personal information like names, addresses, contact numbers, email and credit card details required for the purchase process;
• information that identifies employees of companies with whom we conduct business;
• customer complaints.
6. Our right to disclose personal information
SSA will generally not disclose personal information without prior consent. This consent can be given expressly or it may be implied by the conduct of the individuals concerned.
SSA may disclose personal information, including the contents of private communications, or as otherwise stated in this policy, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the legal process; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SSA; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of its employees or the public.
7. Access to personal information
Access to personal information will be granted to a correctly identified person on any weekday during office hours provided that reasonable notice is given. Only hard copy of any relevant personal information will be provided. This is because some computer data may include confidential references other than the personal details requested.
Access to personal information will be provided on the basis that a reasonable fee is paid for retrieval of the information. Where such payment is not made access will be denied until the payment is made.
8. Accuracy of personal information
The personal information we hold will be as understood at the time of the last communication. We make no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.
Customers may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us. We will deal with all requests within a reasonable time.
9. Security of personal information
SSA take all reasonable steps to protect information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect data held by us.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify any personal information as soon as the law permits, provided the information is no longer needed by us for any purpose.
10. Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to the policy concerning personal information, it will be communicated on the website.